We've all heard how healthy Chickpeas can be for us. The star of houmous is this humble legume that when combined with some oil and garlic comes out to shine at any dinner party.
COOKS IN:10 MINUTE
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- Drain and tip the chickpeas into a food processor.
- Peel and add the garlic, then add the tahini, a good squeeze of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt, then pop the lid on and blitz.
- Use a spatula to scrape the houmous down the sides of the bowl, then blitz again until smooth.
- Have a taste and add more lemon juice or a splash of water to loosen, if needed, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with sliced crunchy veg, such as carrots, cucumbers, radishes or peppers, and some warm flatbreads.