Siren's 12 Fun Facts You Didn’t Know About Valentine’s Day
Date Posted:4 February 2015
Valentine’s Day is one of the most celebrated holidays of the year and one of the Sirens Swimwear’s favourites!
Love is in the air on 14th as many couples express their love with roses, chocolate and cards. Though we celebrate with sweet, modern day traditions, here is a fun look at a few fun facts you didn’t know about Valentine’s Day.
- On Valentine’s Day 2011, Barbie and Ken got back together.
- Casanova, "The World's Greatest Lover," ate generous amounts of chocolate to make him virile.
- Every year on Valentine’s Day over 1,000 people mail letters to Juliet…. Do people not know that Romeo and Juliet are not real?
- Over 100 years ago, the Chicago post office refused to deliver 25,000 Valentine’s Day postcards due to their inappropriate message. The sarcastic cards were labeled as “vinegar Valentines”….. How romantic
- On Valentine’ Day in Germany, little girls would plant onions with the name of a boy in a pot. These girls believed they should marry the boy whose name was the closest to the first growing onion.
- In the middle Ages, people believed that the first unmarried person of the opposite sex you met on the morning of St. Valentine’s Day would become your spouse. Remind me not to leave the house Saturday morning….
- Teachers, kids, wives, mothers, sweethearts and pets, in that order, receive the majority of Valentine’s Day cards each year….. I guess men and husbands didn’t make the list.
- 15% of U.S. women send themselves flowers on Valentine’s day…awkward
Valentine Day Superstitions
- If you see a squirrel on Valentine's Day, you will marry a stingy person who will hoard all your money.
- If you see a goldfinch on Valentine's Day, you will marry a millionaire.
- If you see a robin on Valentine's Day, you will marry a crime fighter – I’m waiting Batman!
- If you see a flock of doves on Valentine's Day, you will have a peaceful and happy marriage.
Yes, love is in the air as Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. No matter how long you have been married or dating, you probably want to plan something nice for your special valentine. In keeping with all the romance and love in the air, we want you to share with us any interesting or fun facts you know about Valentine’s Day. Share your comments below.